Oh my god. It took me so long to find this place - turns out that the CJL (Center for Japanese Language) Building HAS its own Computer Lab. I was wondering if I had to keep on going to the General Research Building's 4th floor (3rd floor in Brunei - they use the American system of floor numbering and etc etc here). Anyway, it's been so busy, it's been crazy trying to adjust... even to the littlest things I have to be careful of (this keyboard's keys are arranged slightly differently than the one I am used to... so even this I have to adjust to! -_-;
Anyway, it's been crazy, and it's only my fourth day here - it feels like I've been here weeks! To those reading this right now and who expect to have their mail inbox to contain some mail from me, you'll be disappointed *haha* I haven't got the time yet to do a long block of email writing, which is why I'm so glad that this blog is here *waves at everyone*. Well, I was saying, I haven't got so much time right now 'cos I want to sit for this mathematics elective test that starts at 2.50 (and ends at 6) so I got to go soon. I'll try to fill you guys in as much as I can.
Monday I arrived at the airport and it was really really freezing. 11 degrees celsius they said. At the University it was around 13-14 degrees celsius, and it was still very cold! It's basically just cold cold cold! *laughs* I don't go outside anymore with at least three layers of clothing (although the afternoons are getting warmer and warmer now- I can actually feel the sun!) Anyway, back to Monday. I arrived at the Uni at quarter past 10, it's a really beautiful place y'know, the sakura trees are really pretty and they really weren't kidding when they were saying that Japan is clean. It really is clean clean clean! XD I didn't even have so much time as to put down my suitcase when they whisked me off to the International Affairs Division to register, sign in for the scholarship yadi yadi yada. And then they made me sit for a test immediately! Yeesh. But I was that much tired at that point so... it was alright. It was a kanji placement test, and I could only answer three of the questions hahahha (self-taught kanji). After that I went to sign in to my Dorm, it's literally one tennis court's length away from where I'm staying. So everyday I just walk down the slope and I'm already there hahah. Back to Monday- after I signed in the Dorm, I had to go back to where the main Dormitory Supervisor's office was, which is in Dorm 1, and I'm in Dorm 2 so walk walk walk I go. [By the way, Osaka means something like 'the big slope' or 'the great slope' so up down up down it is for me everyday... it's insane... but I get a lot of exercise so... *hee* it's like hiking at the Tasek Lama everyday LoL]. Well then I met Tanaka-sensei, the Head Supervisor I suppose, very nice man, funny, very smart... or wise, as you wish, and he was very good at English too. From half past one to around 5 that day we went from the Uni to the Mino City Hall (Osaka is composed of many cities, and I'm staying at Mino-shi right now - I'll put down my address next time), and from the City Hall to the postoffice, and then did some groceries shopping at Moruyasu lalala- It was a very busy day. And that wasn't all of it.
When I finally got back to the University, they called me back to the CJL office to take another test. This was around 6pm! I was so tired! But I sat in it anyway, but before that there was a mini-orientation of sorts. I think I only got back to my room at 7pm. Wait, that's not it yet! I had to try figure how the heater worked (the AC heater and the bathroom heater) and then do my bed - there was so much... complicated procedures to make your bed. Perhaps I'll elaborate another time. After I did my bed, I had to go unpack and what not and what ho! I remembered I had to go call home. So back out the room I went... did I mention that I was already tired at that time? Haha... and since I still didn't know how to work the phone in my room, I had to go down down down to the (probably the only) public phone on campus - am not sure. It was so easy walking down the slopes and stairs and what not... going back up was the killer. Nyeh. Orely(sp?), she's staying on the same floor of my Dorm, and she's from France, was kind enough to show me the way. I got to meet the other 7 people that night too, plus a few others. There are 9 people living on each floor, I'm on the 2nd floor Room 1. The other are Orely, of course, from France (I'll edit the spellings when I find out later on), Leedah from Cambodia, Anni from Finland, Eliena from Indonesia, Hi Jeung from Korea, Maryam from Iraq and 2 sempai - I'm still not sure what their names are - I just call them 'sempai' (which means 'senior').
There were a bunch of other people that I've met too. Bet you just can't imagine the diversity of... people that are here at CJL. Today I met my class mates of UE6, Lilia(sp?) from Bulgaria, Regina from Uganda, Somia from India, Mustahfiz from Bangladesh, Christian from Romania, Cuong (pronounced Kuhn) from Vietnam and Chuan from Malaysia. Also so other people from Indonesia, Rudi, David, Dei Wei (who, btw looks quite a bit like Fezz). Again I'm not sure of the spellings of their names - I'll check back again later.
Hey! I was still talking about Monday! Humm.... ah, nvm. That day is now pretty much done. I'll write about Tuesday at another time- for now I got to go prepare for that test. This place closes at 6 so I probably can't come back in time to use it some more. So this is it for now.
Miss you guys XD
Ja mata ashita.
Not through violence, but through the word alone
2005-04-14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment