If you're thinking that I've already departed, stop.right.there. I'm still in Brunei. Yes... the culmination of today's events is that only one of the three students that were supposed to go today actually departed. And the situation of the other two of us (me and Afi - Anita was the one who'd already gone)... is still pending. Yeah, I checked in my luggage and soon after I had to check it back out (and so did the other two -Anita had to check-in again) because apparently... there was some complication and we were told to stay. It's history now. I just hope it won't ever happen again. Mum keeps saying that my staying "It must be a blessing in disguise". Well, whatever the blessing is....
But truthfully? I am utterly shocked. I never thought, I never expected that it was possible for such a thing to happen. If only there was some warning, just a sign, a little twitch of a signal. I would have prepared myself for the disappointment. But that is done and over with, and all I can do now I suppose is sit tight and wait.
Still I can't help but be disappointed. It's like... you know how when you're all psyched up for a big game you're about to play, outdoor games like football or a race, and then suddenly it rains and the game is postponed until further notice. It's like... your heart fails for just a flicker of a second and while you try so hard to not let it stop completely, to hold on to what ever dregs of hope that could exist, your mind is wildly accepting the fact that it's raining. And you can't play. I can't play. And all that pre-game tension and excitement is gone. That's how I feel. Drained.
Japan is where my game's at and it rained just as I stepped on to that field. I had to take that foot back out. Fiddle sticks.
They've informed me that the next chance I can get on a flight to Japan is either on the coming Thursday (the 7th) or on Sunday (the 10th). Personally I think it'd be better if it were Thursday, since classes start Monday (the 11th). And generally if one takes a flight from Brunei to Singapore to Japan, one would arrive early in the morning the next day. But even if the flight would be on Sunday.... Well. I think I'm going to start brainstorming and simulating possible events that could happen the next time that I try to go. I hope I won't ever again get as shocked as I did today.
Not through violence, but through the word alone
2005-04-04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment