Not through violence, but through the word alone

2008-07-15

On strange dreams again

I slept 10 hours last night... and am very grateful for that but I woke up at 8am when I was supposed to at 7.30, since I was supposed to leave for classes at 8.30, I was in a complete rush - I thought I would be about 15 mins late for class. But then I realised as I entered the class - that there was no class! Haha ... the joke was on me. Class today was cancelled so we could prepare for the exam that's on Thursday... in 2 days. Well. Not that there was anything bad about being up at Uni so early, I still have to prepare for this last-minute presentation I volunteered for yesterday on ethnic conflict in Nigeria. It's not going to be polished up at all, but it's better than nothing. We were looking into the successes and failures of ethnic conflict management and we only had success examples so I just took up Nigeria as a quick example of a not-so-successful example.

Anyway! I was going to continue on strange dreams again today. There was something nagging me at the back of my head yesterday because I couldn't fully remember my dreams when it hit me late last night that there was something else I had forgotten. I dreamt that I was just completing my exams here in July one day, I slept one night and the next thing that happened was that I was waking up in Brunei - completely disoriented and it was already September. All these weird things started happening until everybody finally realised that I had amnesia and I completely lost all my memory of August. I didn't even know whether or not I sat for my exams - which amazingly enough was my prime fear in that dream. I think this was probably the first time I ever dreamt of having amnesia.

Well, I probably have to get started on that presentation again - I still have to convert it to Japanese and I have class in another hour... 2 more weeks... and then it's holidays!!

No comments: