Not through violence, but through the word alone

2008-07-07

Friday to Monday

The Joint Seminar has ended! ...Hahaha I was and am still dead tired.

Friday

Everything basically started on Friday. I woke up around 10 so I could go up to Uni for lunch just to pop in the computer room where everybody was working on their presentations (there were 2 groups working on it). After a while I went off to the Foreign Students Centre to see if I could bump into Hasanah. And I did! It was so nice seeing her again. I couldn't stay for so long because I had to run off to work around 2.30pm.

Work finished around 8pm, so I just grabbed a quick dinner and took the bus back up to Uni. It was 9pm by the time I arrived and what I saw at the computer room was amazing! There were more than 20 people there hustling and bustling over the computers practising their speeches, working on their notes and powerpoint and stuff. Around midnight our professor, Sakai-sensei, just popped his head in to lend us his photocopy cards (since we had to make about 170 copies for the actual thing), and he was kind enough to comment on our work here and there. He was really surprised to see all of us camping in the computer room and couldn't stop laughing about it. He left shortly after. Our numbers started dwindling at that point.

Saturday

The other group finished their work, went off to make copies, came back and actually left around 2.30am. Our group was practically half asleep tweaking little semantic problems on the powerpoint and speeches but we managed to somehow finish the handouts we made and off we went to photocopy. After that they all (5 of us) just sat down to start working on the speech. I was all thumbs. Hahahaha. I couldn't help them with the speech because it was in Japanese and I couldn't really understand the subtle nuances, so I told them I was taking half the handouts with me and would deal with them at home. So I left at 3.30am.

Arrived home at 4am. Took a shower and then started stapling the handouts, finished that in an hour, had an early breakfast and then after preparing everything to make sure I could leave immediately, I slept at 6am. The alarm rang a little after 7am and after a dizzy start, I left for Uni. We were to begin preparations from 7.50am.

The actual Joint Seminar began around 9am and until then we were all running around here and there stapling the rest of the handouts, some other handouts and then just making ourselves comfortable inside the hall. I suppose that there were at least 150 people who came. The Seminar was really fun! We had topics like Prostitution and Outer Space, Guns and Hunger and etc etc. I mentioned before that my group's presentation was on World Heritage Sites.

We finished the actual seminar a little after 6pm and after that was another huge rush since we had to clean up. The after party started at 7.15pm and we all just barely made it. The after-after party was from 9.30pm to 12 and some of us made that too. We were still high and excited about the whole thing so Asami, Wakki and I went to Wakki's place to just talk about... stuff. Hahaha. I fell into this really rough sleep (kept waking up every 10 or so minutes) around 3.30am.

Sunday

Then we had to leave Wakki's place around 5am so Asami could take the first train back. I arrived back here around 6am and just slept straight through to 12 noon.

I went off shopping with a friend to this outlet out at Tarumi from 3pm, shopped for clothes, had a Korean dinner and came back (around 9pm). I could barely keep my eyes open at this point so I just gave up doing anything and slept at 10pm.

Monday

And here I am, I woke up at 9am and I think that that was only because it was too hot in my room to do anything else, so I escaped to the living room and turned on the AC. I'm so glad I did because shortly after my nose started bleeding again. It's stopped already.

No comments: