I'm going to have to change the layout of the blog a few times this week as it would seem that I can't get it the page to come up on the browsers here and neither can a friend of mine in Kyoto... or at least someone else has told me that she'd had had to change the codes for something in order for it to come up. But anyway, hope you bear with me for a bit *sorry*
In anycase there was the Kanji exam this morning, and I have to say, it wasn't bad at all- I know I tried my best and I know I'll pass but I don't know how much I'll get though ^_^ I'm actually doubting that I'd reach even 90 but that's still cool *shmile*. So tomorrow there's only Listening, Speech and Grammar left (though saying it like that makes it look like easy peasy but it's not... so much really ^^; The area covered by Grammar is so huge... It's almost like a year's worth of work... technically the entire Intermediate-Level Japanese Textbook haha
It's cold today... Even more so yesterday, in actuality, since it was raining... I thought I was freezing, but it would appear it could get much worse. Last night I'd discovered the auto-timer for my AC/heater so now I set it to turn off at around midnight and turn back on about half an hour before I wake up *to prevent from over heating as the blanket/futon is so think one can get over heated at night. But besides this new discovery, is also another new one. I can't wear my windbreaker anymore. Nope. Too cold for that already... actually I have been weaker that coat on for a week or two now but I took off the second lining for that. I think... I might just have to put that lining back on ^^ It really is cold.
I remember back home... when one lives on the 2nd floor (1st floor for Brunei) and wants to go down to grab something from the fridge in the middle of the night one always has to put something warm over and socks... well, socks would always be a necessity when one tries to walk in the cold over marble floors but moi? does not do that therefore I would always end up freezing anyway. Even if the kitchen's barely 30 seconds dash away and that I'd be only getting the water. At least the kitchen can get warm enough some nights so one does not end up freezing in the kitchen at all. But here? Here I can't, can't, get out of my room to walk outside without socks without immediately freezing. Yep, it's too cold for bare feet now. I'd been able to escape my room with just a light jacket but not anymore I think... The hallway is cold, the kitchen even colder and the coldest place of all? The laundry room. *shivers* Just thinking of it is enough to send shivers down my spine. Anyway, even as I say it as if it's the worst thing that's ever happened, ever, truthfully, I'm still quite comfortable with it all.
Oh, and to top off today's post, I'd like to mention that I will be writing my thesis/dissertation starting January and the theme (unfortunately I can't say that I freely chose it since I freely chose it amongst four already chosen themes and the other themes were either stuff I did not understand or they were already taken *there was a person-to-theme limit per class*) is... レジ袋有料化 which kind of means... something along the lines of 'the movement towards paying fo shopping bags at the store...' or something like that haha- I know, that did sound funny ^^ Basically they're all thinking about having to start to pay for those plastic bags you get at (just about any) store which one usually gets for free and that's the theme.
How am I going to do this? (T_T)
Luckily I remember Ms Jules from Social Science Dept. at MD mentioning this once... oh I really wish I could talk to her right now to see what she thinks of this. I mean... what? Do we have this kind of movement going on in Brunei? I remember vaguely when I was 13 hearing my science teacher saying that they were going to introduce paper bag systems instead of the plastic since it's more environmentally friendly, but what about this problem about paying for them in itself? Is it good or bad? Is it necessary or completely ridiculous? Is there a country or any place in this world which asks its customers to pay to bag up their bought goods? I mean, it's the same when you're ordering stuff online right? Only that one buys, and then pays for the packaging and delivery together. When one does it by going to the shop by one's self, does one have to pay for the 'packaging' too? How about the taxes, where does it all come in here? How about raising the price of the products in over to cover the cost of the plastic bags instead of paying for them one by one... okay, I'm on a questioning roll here but I think I've forgotten to mention the one thing that I actually really want to know the most:
How does one write a dissertation?
I mean, is it like a report? ... It has to be and if it really is then maybe I can weasel my way out of this all by simply writing it down like an argumentative-type essay... =_= I'm probably going to have to do some real research for this aren't I?
Not through violence, but through the word alone
2005-12-05
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Naj,
We paid for our plastic bags in Taiwan, mostly at 7 eleven shops. Shopping centres provide it for free. I suppose, it came with the price of goods.
Mum/Aira
Post a Comment