Not through violence, but through the word alone

2005-12-12

Awesome weekend!

Ah... my weekend. From the day of my last post, Friday last week, it's been such a whirlwind of events.

Went to my first karaoke night out on Friday night. Was out with the girls on the same floor at the dorm, Hee Jeung, Elien, Aurelie and Anni and believe it or not we started around 9pm and only finished at 5am the next morning when it was so cold and obviously no buses were running so we walked back to the dorm. Whew... that night was so nice... And I really would like to tip my hat off to Anni- thanks to her choosing a song to sing for the next mass-field trip (where they said a representative from each country should sing at least one song... and drat drat drat for me and Anni since we're both rather rare species, I suppose one could say- Aurelie has others from France around now so I suppose that she's pretty safe... I think ^_^) I can now actually participate in it (hahahha- but seriously, I was toying with the idea of not going just because of the singing XP) If anyone's curious the song is Asian Kung-fu Generation's Haruka Kanata which is also known as the anime Naruto's second opening theme - Far Off Distance. Heeheheh... *so relieved that it's something Japanese which I actually know hahaha*

Saturday. Well, needless to say I was rather tired and has a really sore throat, it didn't last long but I simply could not get out of bed until noon. I went down to do grocery shopping and all of a sudden it was already quarter past 3 when I had my breakfast... -_-; I was supposed to be writing up a personal statement but I barely got two lines in when it was already time to watch a movie (It was decided, we have movie night every Saturday night and we always split the cost of renting out the movie). Slept around 11pm.

Sunday. Now, what a fantasticly awesome/weird day. I went to Universal Studios Japan (USJ) with my Host Family... left around 2pm and we were there until around 8.30pm or so. It was so cold... and we all only got to go in one ride due to the fact that there were SO many people and it was an hour's wait before anyone could get in to any ride... -_-; but I went to ET's stand and it was awesome!

Imagine that space simulator from Jerudong Park? It was a little like that only one sits in this tram that's hanging from the ceiling (a little like how the seats are on Boomerang, the roller coaster) and we basically were whirled around on this mini-'adventure' to space inside the building. I have to admit, it was pretty fun. Imagine a ride through some haunted house, instead that there are no ghosts and/or monsters but aliens... Ha.

I was so tired out in the end I slept in the car and didn't even realise it when they'd finally brought me back to my dorm... *embarassing* But the twin girls were also sleeping with me... well, literally all over me, I had one leaning to my side and the other one sprawled all over my lap... I didn't mind so much, they were cute haha.

I did take pictures I swear! It's just I didn't have time to resize them... or rather it slipped out of my mind today so I'll just leave it at that and I'll post them up when I can... hopefully tomorrow ^_^

No comments: