Is going to be such heaven the next half-year, all the way down till July. Why? Because my class starts at 10.40am! Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday are the same tooooooo~~~ It's just a little too bad that I have my class at 8.50am on Thursdays but guess what! I only have two classes that day (even though there's about 4 hours much of a gap in between, it's still great!) ^^ *happyhappyhappy* I love University life already.
My first class today was about Visual Culture, of all things, it was kind of weird how interesting the class was, and yet I was still so sleepy... I really don't know how to make of it, but I'll take the class anyway, it looks like it has an easy pace for a Monday morning. And I get to learn about art, of all things haha~
After lunch I have Cross-cultural Communication and then the one after that, which I just came out of, is Cultural Anthropology. Can you believe it! Even the names of my classes sound way cool *happyhappyhappy*
Cultural Anthropology class is like Sociology class way all over again. The Lecturer even talks about Emile Durkham, Radcliff Brown, B. Malinowsky, Levi-Strauss... I mean, MD Socio. students are bound to have quite a lot of background on this stuff already! (Of course, there's a hitch... if only I had thought to retain some of the concepts that we'd gone through before, and then remembered more about Malinowsky's fieldwork about the to-ro-bu-ri-an-do Islanders (I don't remember the spelling so I'm using how the Japanese pronounce it in class) In anycase, Cultural Anthropology rocks! The Lecturer, Yoshioka-sensei, I like to believe is up to some point, a lot like Mr. Simmonds, at least in the way he presents the class. ...Cool isn't it ^_~
Not through violence, but through the word alone
2006-04-17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment