Not through violence, but through the word alone

2006-01-20

Effort

Two years ago, 2004, around this time in MD I was probably thinking: "Oh this is going to be such a tough year. I need to get a little more serious. I need to know how to study more effectively so I can have more time to relax. There was one last issue for the Voice that the seniors had to do, so what should be done about it? Only January, the results for the Nov AS exams were about to come out/or had already come out, what to do with my results after I get them? ......

One year ago, 2005 at home I know I was thinking: "I'm going to Japan! I can't believe it! This is so cool! I get to learn Japanese, get to go to a University there, for 5 whole years too! I can't wait to tell all my friends! I can't wait to start packing! I can't wait to go! (Oh, but wait, are the results for the Nov A Level Exams out yet? ^^;) ......

This year, right now, I'm thinking: "This is going to be such a weird year. But it'll be nice, I'll be going to Kobe U... but then again there's no official confirmation just yet. I was planning to go get my own place, with a friend, if circumstances allow it. This thesis is really bugging me now, I have to finish the first part by Tuesday next week. Come to think of it, I have two speeches to do on Wednesday -_-; Saturday is movie night with the girls too; it's about time we go out rent a movie for the weekend ......

It's amazing how much time passes by and you still remember some things, you forget some things, you see how years can fly by so fast, you see how some of the time it actually passed by so slowly. If you've just visited here after reading Ali's blog, you might be in the same mood that I came out of there with. I'm not feeling glum, just, thoughtful maybe. 2 years ago, all it took was a 10sec walk to the next class to go find a friend. 1 year ago it would've taken a call or a ride down to Gadong, or some place, to go see someone. Now? An email or a call is the easiest way one could take, but it takes so much effort to initiate it.

First of all, you don't really know what to say. How to write something so it won't sound too self-centred? How to write something so it won't sound like you're ordering them to tell you exactly what they have been doing? *sigh*

No comments: