Not through violence, but through the word alone

2009-01-25

Quick Update

I've been missing mostly because after the initial calm of classes, there's now a flurry of activity and this whole heeeeaaaap of tension going on in the Uni because exams are starting soon. Or at least for some, like me, have already started. But. I only have one exam left for 2nd of Feb and 2 deadlines on the 6th and 1 more deadline in mid-Feb. I already finished one report so I'm all set really.

BUT!!!!!

I had ordered a pile of books from Amazon again, some were pretty cheap and one was pret-ty expensive. There's a list of about 16 books we could choose to study for the exam (The class is Urban Cultural Studies.) and I had chosen 4 to read out of that list. I hadn't paid attention to the titles of the books when I ordered it but since I just finished one of my reports, went off to watch a movie at a cinema, had a little fun and recharged... I decided to start hitting those books.

I opened the box they were delivered in. I realize now that I have
Nietzche's Ecce Homo: How One Becomes What One Is, and
Plato's The Apology of Socrates,
Marx & Engel's The German Ideology and (the really big thick hardcover) was
Deleuze & Guattari's Anti-Oedipus.

I'm up to my neck in philosophyyyyyyyyy. Or is it philosophy??!

HELP.....

I picked up Nietzsche first and swear I almost fainted when I saw the Japanese. Good thing there's a partial English version online. I can pick up the quotes for the exam by cross-checking with the English version....... hopefully.

No comments: