Not through violence, but through the word alone

2009-01-02

New Year 'magic'

I've done quite a bit of watching Criminal Minds. I've actually also studied a bit. I've played a LOT.

New Year's Eve, I went out to shop for stuff. There's a looot of sales around this time of year and I wanted to go and have some fun. I didn't end up buying overly much. Which is a good thing.

Then I went back home. On the way, a black cat crossed my path. Haha. I'm not superstitious but it reminded me of my English class (yes, I'm taking English classes - the teacher teaches about Chinese culture so I thought, what the heck--) and it so happened we talked about regional symbolism of good luck and bad luck. The black cat was one of them. I'm not sure what to make of it. Just the first time a cat has run right across the road in front of me in the dark. Okay. So maybe I'm not so sure it was even black.

I'm digressing. I also wanted to say that I caught a small cold. On New Year's Eve. I took some medicine and I was alright the next day. But what does that forebode for me? LoL

I don't judge what my entire year will be like from one day. I think a lot of people think they do. But fact is, when bad things happen - they never say stuff like, "I knew this was going to be a bad year!!!", so I'm not sure anybody really does believe in this 'magic' the New Year has on all of us.

I don't remember exactly what I've done for New Year in the past years but it's always been a quiet time for me. I guess I just think of New Year's as a normal holiday. (Well, it does fall smack in the middle of my semester...) After the hols finish, exams are only 3 weeks away. ...Not exactly the time to party around.

Anyway. Guess what I'm trying to say is.

Bad Luck. Shcmad Luck. I'm going to kick this year in the a$$ too. Hehe.

No comments: