Not through violence, but through the word alone

2008-08-11

Jinx?

I might have jinxed something. LoL. I just mentioned that that point in Summer where the heatwave just peaks for a while hadn't come yet, and now it has. At least, the beginning of the heatwave.

It's come very late this year. I wonder if that means that Summer'll be longer (just like how Winter was just constantly cold but not freezing-freezing cold and a little longer this year). I wonder how that'll affect the food-production cycles. I'm going to be very depressed if there aren't any persimmons this year.


That said and done. I want to bring you to a newspaper article that has attracted much attention lately. Click here.

It's an article from the brudirect, and the same kind of article may be found in Brunei Times' web page too. What I wanted to comment on was the fact that they stated 204 countries. Countries. Both newspapers said it! I mean. Okay. This is beyond any skilful words that I can express.

Before I started to become all -indignant- or whatever, I checked the NOC lists. And of course, there were names there that I hadn't actually realised were countries and there were names there that aren't countries. The contingent from Israel and Palestine are different. There was a contingent from Hong Kong. A contingent from Aruba. I mean. -What?- All of a sudden Aruba is a country?

Okay, so apparently even BBC sports thought it fit to label things as countries. What does that mean now?

No comments: