"What does monitoring a ceasefire really mean?" were the words that have now just hooked me to Darfur - The Devil Came on Horseback. Another documentary. I left it on pause for the moment because I know I won't get another urge to write for some time and I want to take advantage of it now.
I just had a kind of small - epiphany - the other day. I realised that I can't answer if anyone asks me "What do you major in?" - I would go as far as saying that I study in the Faculty of Cross-Cultural Studies. But what does that really mean?
There was a welcome party for the new 2nd-years now in my Department (Cross-Cultural Communication), and I had this relatively long one-way chat with my professor. (He was so nice to just listen to me. ^_^) I was telling him that I wanted to start working on my graduation thesis this summer so I could finish by early next year and then prepare for the examinations to extend my stay for 2 years. Yeah. (For those who have only just heard this - I'm seriously thinking about extending my stay through to Masters.)
Then we, or I should really say, I, realised that I didn't really know what to write it on. I technically am supposed to be studying International Relations - but it was only then when I realised that I really am not catching up to my peers at all. I'm way way way behind. I don't really know what to do to amend that - except to throw myself back into books. (Was happy to realise, at one point, though, that an IR book I bought recently - that I have thrown myself into - is a Denmark Uni's Masters course textbook - lol)
Well. I am, on the other hand, happy to report that things are settling down with classes etc. I decided to take only 8 classes - which only total to 2 and a half days of class. Coolness or what?
But I will be dedicating the rest of my time to reading. Said, Marx, Chomsky, Huntington, you name it. I'm aiming to finish reading all my books and then some before the end of this semester. Then I'm starting on my thesis. Hip hip hooray!
Not through violence, but through the word alone
2008-04-25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment