Not through violence, but through the word alone

2007-09-21

Autumn Equinox

I'm at school again. No, it's still holidays, I'm just here to check out my results from last semester. I think I've been doing pretty good. I'm already at the half-way mark to getting all my credits! Actually I'm already exactly halfway at my 3rd semester so I suppose that means 3 more semesters, which is till the end of 3rd year and then I'll be home free for 4th year!

I've been sitting in a whirlwind of to-do since I came back from Fukui. Aurelie came back with her sister from London. I've been going in and out and around inside the house trying to get my things in order so they have more room at the apartment. I hadn't exactly been the tidiest person when she was away. Life was on the carpet for me. With no one to mind my business, it was TV, anime, knitting and reading at any time any which way I wanted. There were piles of books and papers and loose pieces of yarn all about up until the night before Aurelie came back. Anni will be coming next week. Apparently Joie will also be around in Osaka sometime early next week too! This is going to be fun!


Autumn Equinox will be on the 23rd this month. Just 2 days from now, it will be Autumn. My Favorite Season!! There'll be tangerines and persimmons and nice juicy tasty fruits all season! The night comes earlier. Dawn arrives later. The amount of daylight we get shortens. We can wear darker coloured clothes! (You could be amazed how Japanese are so fashion-conscious and ALWAYS dress according to season!)
I remember when I was wearing all-black during Spring last year, this friend of mine told me that that just wasn't usually done. And that wearing jeans in Summer was weird. And that long white skirts in Autumn/Winter was odd. I mean, come on! After looking at how they dress here, I'd thought that they didn't really care much about what people wear, considering how uniquely they dress sometimes. Then came this year and I suppose I can say, I get their fashion sense now. It's weird and troublesome but if that's how they're trying to make the shoe fit.


I like Autumn. (^_^) It's what comes before winter. You know what happens in winter? Besides the cold (which I don't particularly like). It's the late mornings. The early evenings. The hot chocolate. The hot baths which feel oh-so much better than in either Spring or Summer. It's how dark and bleary most days are which means I can sleep easier. I can sleep mooooore.

Best of all? I love it when the day is not so bright when I wake up. It puts me right in the mood to take everything easy. Heeeee


In any case I can't stay any longer so... au revoir! A la semaine prochaine!



(I hope I spelt that right. But for the sake of clarification. See ya next week!)

No comments: