Not through violence, but through the word alone

2005-05-10

Sometimes I just can't keep my eyes open

Golden Week is finally over- it was this long stretch of holidays and I got to go out quite a bit.

It started on Friday the week before last until the previous Sunday (except Monday and Friday)- but I don't remember much of what I did but I do remember going out to Kyoto last Tuesday and then to Nara on Wednesday.

Kyoto was a bustling city- more crowds that even Umeda- and I thought that that was a lot of people already haha- anyway I was with Aurelie only that day. We basically knew what places we wanted to see but we didn't know how to get there LoL so we spent most of the day looking for the tourist offices getting maps- of course we got to see at least one temple but it was about 45 mins by foot away from Kawaramachi- the station we arrived from. We walked a LOT that day....

The temple that we got to see- Toji-tera was really old- there were these beautiful markings on the walls. I couldn't take pictures of them of course but when I next can, I'll post them online.

The next day we went to Nara with Yoshiro- a good friend who was badically acting as out guide- 'our' being me, Anni, Aurelie, Radu from Romania, Diana and Lili from Bulgaria and Eric from Canada. We were quite a crowd haha- but it was fun.

The place we went to in Nara was so beautiful- so many greens and guess what- deer haha. Many many deer LoL They were everywhere.... Again- pictures will just have to weait till next time.

Besides athat deer-place, we went to Toudaiji-otera which was sheltering the largest image of Buddha in the world- if I heard right- a very popular tourist spot. And it was huge... We walked so much that day too... come to think of it... my life's just about become this huge battle of uphill and downhill walking hahaha... until the last Saturday. I wonder if you can guess why....

Well I finally got a bike!! Hahah-- I'm so happy~~ I tried in on Monday afternoon and I went down to Maruyasu and back up in record time!! I'm falling in love with the bike now....

Oh, but I still love Kyudo best hahaha... It still has got to be one of the most awesome sports ever!! I went to Juso last Sunday with some Kyudo sempais and David (another ryuugakusei from Indonesia- same course (undergraduate)) And we went to Juso- which is the stop just before Umeda and went to purchase some of our equipment from the Kyudo shop. So now I have the costume and glove and obi and armor. Pricy pricy pricy... everything was quite pricy LoL. If I still end up loving Kyudo by the time I have to move on to the next university then I'll definitely save up to buy the bow, arrows, slippers etc etc. But for now... I'm just happy that they were able to lend me the arrows etc.

I love Kyudo. ^_^

No comments: