Not through violence, but through the word alone

2010-02-05

My Defence is overrrr

I can't believe that I've basically finished my undergraduate life (albeit one more report).

My thesis defence didn't go so well I'm a little depressed. My thesis was in English, but my defence was in Japanese so there was a huuuge language barrier. My brain just refused to function. I wasn't able to answer much of the questions clearly because (1) I couldn't understand the question, (2) I couldn't structure my Japanese enough to be able to answer with any level of coherence.

So. One thing I realized is that, even though I'm confident with my day-to-day Japanese, I still need to work on it a LOT to get it up to par on the academic level.

Oh. But there was no particular problem with my thesis itself, so I think it was okay. I think. Anyway, I have to go back into that room and listen to other people defending their own theses.

No comments: