Not through violence, but through the word alone

2006-11-28

My ears hurrrttt

I caught this horrible fever about two weeks ago... I was basically dying the entire night from it... I missed the last half of the day's classes, plus the next day's as well... I was walking on fire...

Then last week I had this horrible pain in my left ear. In fact, some mild discomfort and lack of hearing the night before, then the afternoon the next day... BANG! I lost about 90% hearing of my left ear... WHAT A SHOCK!

My left ear is okay now though, but I still have times when I lose maybe 10-30% of my hearing (from either one or both my ears)... I don't know... it's like there's some weird bubble inside my ear that just won't go away. I have it now still... particularly in my right ear... I'm pretty sure that it'll disappear at one point but...

Anyway I went to see a specialist and had these weird tests on me haha~ they put me in a box and made me do a sound check test of some sort to see how much I can hear with either ear, and then stuck this weird suction this in my ears one at a time to check something (by the way, this felt awful and disgusting.... I still shiver in memory). It turns out that there is something wrong (the balance was offset or something like that), but nothing irrepairable. The reason why I'm losing my hearing sometimes: my nose. Hahahahah...

My nose gets blocked and it bothers the level of oxygen/air going to my ear and so creates some pressure which in turns blocks my ear, and I guess creates that bubble, and thus the lack of hearing.

So, basically the specialist/doctor said that it was nothing permanent or it didn't look dangerous but basically I still have to take some pills and do this on-the-spot treatment.... which included him sticking this long metal thing in my nostril to spray something and then poking in something even longer in, which I swear reached my cavity... sinus... or even further in my organs... it was so.... kimochi waruiiiii..... disgusting.... It felt so.... eughhhhh.... but I guess it kind of helped... my nose is still fine with minimum help of my other nose medicine.

Thus was my day today. My first time at an ear/nose specialist. I never ever ever want to go there again. The sound tests were k ind of fun, and my hearing, even though not at the peak stage, is above normal... my right ear seems to be more sensitive to more high pitched sounds... Anyway... everything else that happened to me there was.... like going to the dentist to get your teeth pulled. Though not as painful, it does feel as...... *shivers*

No comments: