Not through violence, but through the word alone

2006-02-13

Kick start

Talk about WAKING UP TO REALITY. My exams, SHOCKINGLY are going to start MONDAY NEXT WEEK.

Can you believe that? Besides the dissertation and speech classes that we've been having I am barely aware that any of my other classes have been going on, and all of a sudden. LISTENING EXAM MONDAY 20th! POL/ECONS EXAM WEDNESDAY 22nd! 3rd, FRIDAY. MORNING. READING COMPREHENSION. AFTERNOON. HISTORY. (AND so on...) Eh.... It's like I've been sleeping all this while and I hadn't been awake for any classes. And only now I realise I have to pass all these exams or else I don't graduate!

Talk about panicked.

Talk about really panicked.

Silly as it is, I'm kind of panicked and calm at the same time? I mean, I feel comfortable that I feel panicked. Would anyone understand this?

And I just read Ali's blog - about Only One by Yellowcard. Incidentally I've just started listening to it again too, weird (it was Faye who made me listen to it in the first place though - listening to it reminds me so much of all those afternoons in MD waiting for Dad to pick me up... ^^;).

But what really gets me nowadays is Hoobastank's Unaffected. Talk about taking a step back in time. The first notes just pull me back to that period before E.Lit's, which paper was it, the one with Wide Sargasso Sea in it. I remember I was agonising so much over that book and listened to the song so much because I used to think that it would help me understand the mood of the book more. Whatever. It didn't work anyway. Surprisingly, this techno version of Little Mermaid's Under the Sea was the one that kept my sanity during that exam. Hehe.

I wonder how many others use songs as a way to trigger memories. It's a rather weird thing maybe.

I'm listening to Good Charlotte's Seasons right now. This was something I liked listening to over the end of Summer (even if the beginning dies begin with 'Warm October nights...') I'd be opening my window every night to let the cool air in whilst desperately trying to ignore the sounds of those incessant cicada. The song would calm me down considerably all the time.


There's also The Rasmus' In the Shadows and Guilty that never fail to remind me of that one trip Anni, Aurelie and I with Yoshi, his friend Eric, Radu, Diana and another girl from Bulgaria took to Nara for sightseeing.

Ah. This shouldn't really be the time to go reminisce. I'm going to go back to completing that dissertation now. I have a speech to prepare for Wednesday too. (turns green)

No comments: